Claro Search - Help

Computer tips and appeals

Moderator: Moderators

Claro Search - Help

Postby Katie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:27 pm

I usually use Mozilla Firefox, and occasionally Internet Explorer. Since yesterday something called Claro Search comes up on every new tab, it has taken over my homepage default and won't let me change it. I am very cross and frustrated. Does anyone know how to get rid of this horrible virus-y interloper?
Forgiveness is a funny thing; it warms the heart, and cools the sting.
Katie
Megaposter

Re: Claro Search - Help

Postby Jan » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:21 pm

There are lots of links for getting rid of this Katie - such as this one:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/claro-search-virus/

However I prefer to reset my computer to an earlier time in the hope that this will get rid of it, so:

Click on Start Button - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore.

Take your computer back to a previous time when you know you didn't have this program on it, and it will reboot your system and hopefully get rid of it.

Hope this helps. x
"A smile is the window to the soul which shows there is a caring sharing person inside".
Jan
Megaposter

Postby Jan » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:27 pm

I use the System Restore quite a bit if something go amiss on my computer so it is well worth remembering those instructions. It should get rid of all mistakes :)
"A smile is the window to the soul which shows there is a caring sharing person inside".
Jan
Megaposter

Postby cathy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Well done Jan!

I used to use Motzilla Firefox but started having problems so have gone back to I E ~ hope you sort it Katie .. xxx
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."
cathy
Decamegaposter

Postby Katie » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks, both. Yes, Jan, we did just that - went back to 22 December and all was well. I think the hi-jacker slid in when my son was trying to set up drivers for a webcam, so I shall have to watch out in future before I let anyone download anything new. I'm cross though, I understood we were to have better lives because of our wonderful technology, instead of which it has turned out to be a right pain most of the time. OK, yes, I'm a grumpy old so-and-so :evil:
Forgiveness is a funny thing; it warms the heart, and cools the sting.
Katie
Megaposter

Return to Keyboard capers