MILL HILL - Sunday 19/9/2010.

The Fury forum

Moderator: Moderators

MILL HILL - Sunday 19/9/2010.

Postby Moya. T.B.F.F.C. » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:01 am

P* off........c'mon you lot who were there - waiting for all the reports, pics. vids etc...... to start coming in! You know I damn well hate to miss ANYTHING. :roll: You KNOW i LUV My Billy with my heart and soul.
Rock On Like Fury!
Moya. T.B.F.F.C.
Decamegaposter

Re: MILL HILL - Sunday 19/9/2011.

Postby Jean » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:10 am

Moya, they probably won't be anywhere near there yet. :lol: :lol:

And why is the topic dated 2011?? :lol:

xxx
A best friend is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have
Jean
Megaposter

Postby Moya. T.B.F.F.C. » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:19 am

Senor Moment Toddy,,,, Wishful thinkin ( :roll: ) & me being there next year Ho Hum!
Rock On Like Fury!
Moya. T.B.F.F.C.
Decamegaposter

Postby Moya. T.B.F.F.C. » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:23 pm

'ARRY... Can you please change the year?

Anyone back yet?
Rock On Like Fury!
Moya. T.B.F.F.C.
Decamegaposter

Postby eternity » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:38 pm

hi guys and gals what a great day just got back from mill hill paul staines was fantastic doing the entertiment. the time went so fast jeans getting younger by the day i did two songs i WILL and IL NEVER FIND ANOTHER YOU . i sat with marie and she said she was supprised how good i was i think she was being kind .the real singers the great vince eager danny rivers and paul staines were awesome and bruce was brill i do admire the are work from vic mags jen and margret wonderful people jean did IN THOUGHTS OF YOU and this lady is wonderful i will never forget jeans face i gave her some old musical express and disc with billy on the front im sure more reports will follow i missed jan jean and cathy but i know there hearts were at mill hill i was going to do this in the morning but i dont want to get on the wrong side of moya got to keep this lady sweet as we say in london to all my billy mates keep rocking .the only down side was that albie is not well and it must be a sad time for jean but she still came all the way from liverpool to be at mill hill truely amazing.
eternity

Postby Jan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:06 pm

Thanks Mike for putting this on for those of us who couldn't be there for whatever reason. :(

It brings it closer to home and makes us almost feel we were there :)

So pleased you got and gave a couple of songs - it takes a lot of nerve to do that and I admire you for doing it :)
"A smile is the window to the soul which shows there is a caring sharing person inside".
Jan
Megaposter

Postby Jean » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Thanks for the report, Mike. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and did a couple of songs.

Will see you at Evesham next month.

xxx
A best friend is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have
Jean
Megaposter

Postby bruceseaton » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:28 am

Well as Mike said ,It was a fantastic day.
I'd forgotten just how good these meets are ,and as I hadn't been there since April 2009 :shock: ,I was blown away by the fresh sense of nervousness I got as I got nearer to Mill hill.

Diana,Lisa,Billy,myself and a mate from Colchester ,who has been a huge fan of Billy forever also came along.

We got there around 12.45 ,about ten to twelve people were there at the grave ,including Vince Eager ,who looked quite deep in thoughts of Billy as he sat on the bench.

A new friend from Facebook,Graham Roberts turned up just after that and we introduced ourselves.

I saw Margaret Dewick next,gave her a hug ,great to see her again.
Then a great Surprise ,Dan the man was there with Tina,lovely to see them both again.
we spent a while chatting,got a few pics ,then everyone headed to the church hall around 1.25 ,no sign of Mags,Marie and Jean Wycherley as yet.

we made our way to the hall ,on arriving there met another friend from facebook and regular at mill hill ,Oliver Cheshire and his family.(he was dressed as always ,immaculately in a teddy boy drape jacket,and truly looks the part ,the real original teddy boy look.)

On entering the hall ,queued up to sign the book,shook hands with Vic England ,great to see him again.

Then with the strains of Billy coming from the room,out walked our host for the Day ,Paul Staines ,so good to see him again,we had a short chat and then I went in the hall.

It was good to see the room fill up quickly,with a lot of familiar faces ,and sad that some other friends werent there today,as its been so long since I have seen everyone.

everyone done the usual chatting,had tea and cakes etc,and then news came through that Jean,Mags and Marie were delayed.

as it became clear they weren't going to be in for some time,Vic asked Paul to start with some songs ,which he done in his usual brilliant style,first off was I'm lost without you,which he sang brilliantly,he then done several other songs I can't remember offhand what they all were but included johnny ray ,tom jones and of course more Billy,including Forget Him ,which again received a loud applause from the room.
During these songs Paul also done a billy quiz ,which he would ask a couple of questions between each song.

Vic then informed us Jean still wouldn't be for another twenty minutes or so,and as Vince Eager had another engagement tonight ,Paul welcomed Vince to the mic ,where as well as a couple of songs ,the wonder of you and american trilogy ,Vince also spoke of his times with Billy fury and Marty Wilde when Billy first joined the Parnes stable.
It was very interesting and also funny and was well received by the people gathered there.

around 3.20 ,Vince stopped for a short break to let Jean ,mags and Marie enter the room to much applause,people just marvel at how Jean keeps going so strongly.she is a lovely lady.

Vince finished his spot and now it was time for some singing.

Paul then asked for the first singer to come up ,as I clapped ,I then discovered it was me :oops: :shock: lol ,so with a few hundred butterflys in my stomach ,after 18 months of not singing in public ,or indeed singing much at all,I took to the floor and my first song was Billy's I think you're swell ,which luckily I'd been practising ,it seemed to be well received ,so then I finished my turn with my favourite like I've never been gone.
I was so gobsmacked when I walked past Danny Rivers who shook my hand and said they were great!! thank you Danny ,that certainly boosts your confidence.

Anyway next up was michael Roche ,who done I'd never find another you and I will,very well done Michael ,loved them.
then I believe it was two songs from another mill hill regular ,but not sure of his name ,he done cross my heart and go johnny go ,both excellent songs,well enjoyed by everyone.

My mate John then took the mic and done once upon a dream,and although nerves got the better of him as they do us all,again very well performed.

I believe at this point Danny rivers then sang a song for us ,and I can't for the life of me think what it was :oops: :oops: ,sorry !! but it was a brilliant number that ended with a huge applause.

I think we then had a photo shoot of vince Jean and Danny together ,and everyone took pics of it.
Jean then sang in thoughts of you ,as always amazingly sung and loved by everyone.

I believe the raffle was next ,we won a couple of prizes and Mike very kindly gave a winning ticket of his to little Billy ,who promptly went and chose a big teddy bear from the table!!! thanks Mike.

another couple of songs as we approached the finale ,Daniel singing ,of course ,well i ask you by eden Kane.
Then everyone wanted another by Danny Rivers ,who this time sung Elvis's, little sister ,brilliant sound,well done Danny.

Paul by popular demand from Mags ,who hadn't yet heard Paul sing today ,duly obliged by singing I'll show you ,and what a fantastic job he done of it.

Its at this point you start to feel so sad its almost over ,and yet seems to have gone just so quick.

pics will be posted later ,and also any vids i manage to convert will also appear later.
ImageImage

As long as its Rock N Roll then I like it!
bruceseaton
Megaposter

Postby KatieScarlett29 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:29 am

I so enjoyed reading about this too :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Thanks,
Vicki
Life isn't about how you survived the storm.... it's about how you danced in the rain!!!!!!
KatieScarlett29

Postby bruceseaton » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:34 am

ImageImage

bruceseaton
Megaposter

Postby bruceseaton » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:35 am

Thanks Vicki
ImageImage

bruceseaton
Megaposter

Postby KatieScarlett29 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:12 am

Your picture is awesome :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: I have never got to see the Headstone up so close that I could read what is upon it :!: :!: :!: :!: :)
Thanks so much for posting Bruce :!: :!: :!:
Vicki
Life isn't about how you survived the storm.... it's about how you danced in the rain!!!!!!
KatieScarlett29

Postby bruceseaton » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:18 am

Thank you very much for those kind words Vicki ,glad you like it.
Yes reading the headstone really brings it all home to you ,just how real Billy's loss was to us all.
He was a talent the world will never forget ,certainly not while I'm about anyway lol,I won't let it forget him.

Bruce
ImageImage

bruceseaton
Megaposter

Postby KatieScarlett29 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:44 am

Rock on Bruce :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :)
You're a swell guy :!: :!: :!: :!: I know you will keep Billy alive for all to remember. I'm just so fortunate to have found him and his music and all of you guys. Wish I could be there too, like Moya :!: :!: :!: :)
Love,
Vicki :flower:
KatieScarlett29

Postby bruceseaton » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:06 am

Thank you vicki ,very kind.
we all do our bit to keep Billy's name flying high and these meets we attend go a long way to do that .

heres a link to one of the songs I performed today at mill hill,hope you all like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFF9_jlapo

Bruce
ImageImage

bruceseaton
Megaposter

Next

Return to The story continues